Seeking Alpha launches premium service
Hoffmann writes, “Premium author subscriptions, which we’re launching today, is our attempt to create a marketplace for SA authors (and potentially non-authors) to engage with users looking for that ‘something more’ and willing to pay the author for his efforts.
“The types of services we imagine premium authors might offer include:
- Real-time model portfolios with live updates about stocks they’re adding or dropping
- Expert commentary on a single stock, a small group of stocks, an industry, a sector, a region, etc.
- Live market blogs with real-time alerts on specific stocks
- Deep-dive research of a regular or irregular frequency
- Highlighting important articles on and off SA, and how they’re investing based on those articles
- In-depth market intelligence including financial models, channel checks, CEO/analyst interviews, etc.
- Real-time discussions or calls with subscribers
- Bespoke research commissioned by subscribers
- A group of authors teaming up to provide multi-viewpoint investment research
- Ongoing coverage of previously published long/short ideas
“Premium authors will continue to publish free articles and remain active on Seeking Alpha. In fact, since premium services are described only at the bottom of their free articles (and on their profile pages), doing so is the only way users will discover them.”
Read more here.