The Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing is now accepting entries for its annual Best in Business Awards.
Submit your entry before the early-bird deadline of Jan. 6, 2022, and save $15 per entry. The final deadline for all entries is Wednesday, Feb. 2.
Early-Bird Entry Fees:
- $60 for Story Type and Story Topic categories, as well as Best Range of Work (new category)
- $125 for General Excellence categories
- $45 for Freelancers
(use promo code “Freelancer” when you pay for your entries on the contest website)
- $30 for Students
Three new categories:
1. Best Range of Work – Entries should showcase distinguished work by a single journalist across the broad spectrum of content platforms and categories, including the topic categories (health, technology, etc.) as well as investigative, breaking news, explanatory, audio, video, newsletters, data, live events, etc.
2. Real-Time Reporting, Live On the Air (new category to replace Breaking News) – Broadcast, audio and streaming video coverage within the first minutes of a breaking story, demonstrating speed of delivering news and analysis with relevant context and value-added information. News organizations of all sizes will compete against each other in this category.
3. Real-Time Reporting, Written (new category to replace Breaking News) – Coverage within the first minutes of a breaking story, demonstrating speed of delivering headlines, stories and analysis with relevant context and value-added information.
Updated requirements for one category:
1. Innovation – Entries should demonstrate highly creative, multimedia efforts to report, present or distribute stories. Examples include: immersive media experiences; differentiated use of video, audio, or interactive infographics; special use of newsletters; live events; social media; etc.
Contact Tess McLaughlin at email@example.com with any questions.