SABEW picks 15 journalists for health care symposium
Fifteen health care journalists have been chosen as participants for an intensive symposium focusing on the Affordable Care Act.
The Society of American Business Editors and Writers program is sponsored by the University of Georgia in conjunction with The Commonwealth Fund, which is underwriting the two-day event, Nov. 13-14, at the Gwinnett campus of the University of Georgia.
The fellows represent 11 states and one foreign country.
The symposium event page has further details, including schedule, speakers and fellow bios.
Warren Watson, organizing the program for SABEW, announced the following fellows, who will receive their expenses paid:
- Priyanka McCluskey of the Boston Globe
- Kathy Grayson of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal
- Susan Rupe of Insurance News Net
- Crissinda Ponder of Bankrate.com
- Tim Casey of HMP Communications
- Renee Valdes of Georgia State University
- Deborah Jacobs of Forbes Magazine
- Jennifer Robison of the Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Boboye Onduku of Leadership Group Abuja, Nigeria
- Ridgely Ochs of Newsday
- Jacqueline Rivkin, independent journalist
- Will Sutton of the Dow Jones News Fund
- Lora Hines of the Houston Chronicle
- Ann Doss Helms of the Charlotte Observer
- Marjorie Musick,independent journalist
This will be the third intensive workshop conducted by SABEW with Commonwealth support.