A soon-to-launch online English-language publication covering the world of oil and energy is seeking its editor-in-chief. The site seeks to become the one-stop-shop for energy matters, and will encapsulate, stir and contribute to the online conversation regarding energy production and consumption.
The web publication is geared toward a broad and diverse audience, ranging from people working in the energy industry, to academics, to the environmentally concerned and the business and investing communities.
The editor-in-chief will be responsible for coordinating the coverage of daily news and long-term trends in the energy sector, shaping the editorial vision, and guiding the site through its launch stage. The editor will be responsible for recruiting and managing a talented editorial staff of six to eight people (some of them remotely), overseeing the budget and creating a compelling editorial product.
Other duties include, but are not limited to: monitoring web site analytics to understand what best resonates with online readers, developing engaging multi-media site feature ideas, conducting high-profile interviews, liaising with partners to share content and representing the publication in media appearances.
This position will be based in the United States (East Coast) and it requires:
• At least four years of editing and/or reporting experience with a major newspaper, newswire or web publication;
• Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the energy sector and sustainability;
• Experience producing engaging content for an online audience;
• A sophisticated understanding of the changing online media landscape;
• Prior experience managing editorial staff.
To apply, go here.