Inc. adds new columnists
Inc. magazine has signed several news columnists for both the magazine and the web site, part of its expansion under president/editor-in-chief Eric Schurenberg and editor Jim Ledbetter, who joined earlier this year.
The new columnists are:
- Entrepreneurial computing legend Michael Dell has begun his monthly “Dell On Dell” column on Inc.com. Addressing the topics of leadership entrepreneurism and tech, Dell’s first column tackled cyber security and why it’s the most important issue growing companies face.
- Best-selling author and former long-time Wired magazine editor Thomas Goetz just debuted his new warts-and-all “Launchpad” column in both the magazine and online. Goetz, whose new book “The Remedy: Robert Koch, Arthur Conan Doyle, and the Quest to Cure Tuberculosis” debuted in early April, confesses his challenges in getting his San Francisco-based medical information start-up Iodine off the ground.
- Popular writer, photographer, author and New York Times contributor Ben Schott (“Schott’s Original Miscellany”) will be providing his business buzzword “Jargonator,” starting with the June issue of Inc. magazine, and on Inc.com.
- EventBrite co-founder and president Julia Hartz will share her views quarterly on building and maintaining a boisterous and productive culture at tech companies, beginning in the July/August 2014 issue.
- “Achieving Scale” is the name of the new monthly magazine column about leading for lasting growth, written by noted author and speaker Patrick Lencioni, president of The Table Group. The column launches in the June issue.
- Editorial director of the Online Publishers Association Michelle Manafy will debut her new online column this month devoted to the digital media tools and tactics that can be leveraged by many different kinds of growing businesses.