The WERT Prize was established in 2018 and is funded by a bequest made by The Women’s Economic Round Table and support from the Muriel F. Siebert Foundation and the global management consulting firm McKinsey & Co.
The recipient of the prize receives $2,000 for work published in English, across platforms – print, radio, broadcast and digital. Books, films, and individual works not affiliated with a mass media organization are not eligible. All entries must have appeared during the previous calendar year that the Prize is awarded.
In 2019, Women’s Economic Round Table celebrated its 40th anniversary. It was founded in 1978 by Dr. Amelia Augustus and Maria Rolfe
The 2021 WERT Prize nomination deadline has been extended to July 30, 2021. The Prize will be announced in October 2021.
All materials should be formatted and uploaded as PDFs. Supporting multimedia presentations should be sent as URLs. Links must remain live through Aug. 31, 2021. Please click the button below to begin your submission.
The entry fee for each nomination is $50.
Materials needed for entry:
- One to five pieces of business reporting. Materials may be uploaded as PDFs or as links.
- Confirmation that the pieces appeared during 2020.
- Broadcast transcripts for radio or video reporting, or if your online entry includes audio/video components.
Supplemental materials such as a brief statement on the work as well as biography of the person who contributed to the pieces may be submitted.
Please keep in mind:
- A single article or a series of articles can be submitted. A series must be designated as such by the publication when it is printed. A regular column may also be submitted as a series.
- If submitting a series, up to five articles can be submitted.
- If a piece or series lives online, direct links may be provided. Otherwise, please upload the material to a site such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Entry fees are non-refundable.