BNN Bloomberg’s Bonnell departs

1. Grace says:

I will miss Greg. He added a bit of humour to a dry subject.
    He will be greatly missed.

2. Andrew Kempner says:

Greg is another in a long line of outstanding business reporting talent that have exited BNN starting with the incomparable Howard Green and Mark Bunting. Budgets and eyeballs trump class and ability, though the remaining talking heads are adequate if boring.

3. Stephan VanderEnde says:

Very sorry to learn of Greg’s departure. I found him to be a very knowledgeable member of the BNN team. He’ll definitely be missed!!

4. Alastair R MacDonald says:

Seems like BNN is slowly disappearing and will soon just be Bloomberg. I guess that is cheaper for Bell, but I will stop watching it if I do not see a Canadian face or content. Sad as I have loved BNN’s plucky Canadian content for years, but I guess we in Canada can’t afford it anymore.

5. Arne Johre says:

Greg Bonnel and Tara Webber (current) added class and some humor as well as integrity to a channel that often exhibits neither. Often leave the channel now in the afternoon … Can’t put up with the fast talking yip yaps that take over late morning and afternoon shows …. Often becomes a biased political propaganda show rather than a business news channel. Retail investors rely very much on reliable information from sources like BNN and others. Now often inundated with pump and dumpers.

6. StanLee says:

Did not realize Greg had left BNN. Assumed he was away on a vacation or an assignment. Guess I just don’t follow BNN as much anymore!

7. Karl Blackmore says:

Disappointed to find out Greg Bonnell has left BNN. I relate to some of the earlier comments posted. Especially, the yip-yap. I was originally disappointed about BNN being taken over by Bloomberg. The flavour of the programming has certainly changed. As a Canadian investor, I like to hear the markets and economic news being reported with a Canadian emphasis and impact. Even the global outlook. I also thought Catherine Murray did excellent interviews

I hope this makes it on to the blog