The Washington Post’s graphics and design departments won two gold, three silver, and three bronze medals at the Malofiej awards; a global competition considered to be the most important recognition in the news graphics field.
The winners were:
- Joe Fox, Lauren Tierney, Seth Blanchard, Gabriel Florit and Jake Crump were awarded the gold medal for Features.
- Rosalind S. Helderman, Kathy Lee, Lucio Villa, Kolin Pope and Matea Gold, among others won the gold medal for Innovation Format.
- The Mueller Report portfolio by the graphic and design teams received a bronze medal for Planned Coverage.
- A silver medal for Immersive Format was awarded to Seth Blanchard, Ted Muldoon, Suzette Moyer, John Woodrow Cox and Lynda Robinson.
- The Post was also honored with a silver medal recognizing the body of work by the Graphics team.