The following excerpt was sent out:
The 70th Scripps Howard Awards, one of the nation’s most prestigious American journalism competitions, is accepting entries through Feb. 5, 2023, for journalism and storytelling produced in 2022.
With a focus on high-impact and investigative reporting, the Scripps Howard Awards, presented by the Scripps Howard Fund, offers $170,000 in prize money in 15 categories. Categories include:
- Audio Storytelling*
- Breaking News
- Business/Financial Reporting
- Environmental Reporting
- Distinguished Service to the First Amendment
- Narrative Human-Interest Storytelling*
- Visual Human-Interest Storytelling*
- Local/Regional Investigative Reporting
- National/International Investigative Reporting
- Multimedia Journalism
- Opinion Writing
- Local Video Storytelling*
- National/International Video Storytelling*
- Impact Award
*The Scripps Howard Fund made changes to five categories this year to better align with the journalism industry.
Finalists will be announced in September, with winners announced in October during a special program airing on Scripps News, formerly Newsy, the national broadcast news network owned by The E.W. Scripps Company.