Odds and ends from the SABEW conference
Here are some snippets from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers annual conference, going on for the next two days in Orange County, Calif.
1. Glenn Hall, the business editor of the Orange County Register, says that the blog in the business section with the most page views is Jon Lansner’s on the local real estate market, which gets 40,000 to 50,000 page views per week. In comparison, Talking Biz News got 38,000 page views last month. The No. 2 blog is also about real estate.
2. A hedge fund manager who is a former business journalist says what bothers him most about Jim Cramer‘s “Mad Money” show on CNBC is when he says that a company is only covered by one analyst on Wall Street andÂ the hedge fund manager says he gets reports from six different analysts when the company releases its earnings.
3. A business editor of a Tribune-owned newspaper made dinner reservations this evening in the name of Sam Zell.
4. Rebecca Jarvis, the CNBC reporter who is a former contestant on Donald Trump’s reality show, won the auction for two Disneyland tickets. No word on whether she’s going to invite Trump to come along.
5. At least one business journalist at the conference who works for Dow Jones & Co. admitted to selling stock after News Corp. made its $60/share bid.