Bartiromo profiled in Bee magazine
According to MediaBistro, here are some of the interesting tidbits from the article, which can not be accessed on the magazine’s Web site, about CNBC anchor Maria Bartiromo:
1. She became the first woman to report from the floor of the Stock Exchange because then-NYSE chairman Dick Grasso wanted to demystify business.
2. Among the things she can’t live without: her BlackBerry; her family; protein shakes; a hairdresser named Serge; and water.
3. Role models? Her mom and Jack Welch, of course.
4. Joey Ramone wrote a song about her called, naturally, “Maria Bartiromo.”
5. “After five years at CNN, I had a knock-out Rolodex, which is really my claim to fame.” The throngs of ogling day traders may differ on that one, however.
If you’re unfamiliar with Bee, it says it is a magazine dedicated to women interested in politics, lifestyle and finance.