Yahoo Finance, the leading online source for financial news and information, is looking for a Managing Editor to oversee daily coverage of breaking news and manage our staff of in-house reporters. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, impeccable news judgment, a commitment to the highest journalistic standards, and the ability to make high-stakes decisions quickly and clearly in real time. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of leading teams in a fast-paced digital newsroom. The Managing Editor works across multiple teams within Yahoo and may coordinate with strategic partners so an ability to multi-task is essential.
· Oversee breaking news programming of Yahoo Finance homepage; responsible for story selection and monitoring breaking news
· Edits and manages team of in-house reports
· Participates in discussions over Yahoo Finance Home redesign and module effectiveness
· Support efforts to build native Yahoo Finance audience and grow traffic to the site
· Works the Front Page, managing the pitch process and coordinating coverage of major news of FP
· Supports efforts to identify gaps in coverage
· Ensures we are on top of 24/7 news cycle and contributes ideas and stories to enhance our timelines
· A track record of leadership in real-time news environment
· A minimum of 5 years experience in financial journalism and a deep understanding of which stories matter most to investors
· Excellent news judgment combined with a fine-tuned sensibility of when and where to take risks
· Excellent communication skills and an ability to lead while working collaboratively with multiple teams
· A comprehensive understanding of editorial best practices including SEO and SMO
· BA required, preferable in journalism or media
The position is based in New York.
To apply, go here.