Yahoo Finance is the largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights, and original editorial content.
The Yahoo Finance Markets Reporter is focused on helping our readers stay informed on the most important stories moving markets on a day-to-day basis.
- Cover the biggest stories moving markets, every day the market is open.
- Coverage will include corporate earnings, economic data releases, and other reports or announcements moving markets.
- Read, report, and stay up to date on Wall Street analyst research.
- Watch and cover key interviews on Yahoo Finance live programming.
- Work closely with peers on markets team to test and innovate story selection and structure.
- Collaborate with reporters across teams during breaking news situations.
A Lot About You:
Successful candidates should be comfortable covering earnings from a national grocery chain in the morning, covering a speech from a Fed official at midday, and writing about a software company’s merger announcement in the afternoon.
- Experience covering or working in the financial news markets.
- Working knowledge of financial market and industry jargon.
- Knowledge of key economic data releases and earnings calendar.
- Experience reading and interpreting economic data and corporate earnings reports.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong news judgment and ability to work and think quickly.
- Passion for learning more about business and financial markets.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience working with multiple content management systems or other editorial tools.
- Use and knowledge of Twitter and other social media platforms the financial industry engages with frequently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills.
- 2+ years of experience covering or working with financial markets.
To apply, go here.