WVUE is seeking an experienced journalist to join our award-winning news team as weekend Anchor/Reporter.
As a reporter, you will work closely with news managers and producers to create high-quality stories with integrity and accuracy.
- Gathering data and relevant information on local and national newsworthy events
- Create and present accurate, fair, unbiased news content as assigned. Responsible for providing news and information across multiple platforms and to present content both inside WVUE studios and remotely
- Must be visible in the community and make a reasonable amount of appearances in the local DMA
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources to create exclusive local news content
- Stay current on both local and national news events
- Work cross functionally and cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WVUE employees and external organizations
- Ability to read and understand a variety of materials ranging from daily newspapers/news sites, professional journals, technical reports and legal documents
- Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth
- Ability to be a creative thinker and find new and entertaining ways to present information
- Should be well presented on-camera with the ability to deliver copy ready from a Teleprompter or similar device
- Act as a team player and newsroom leader while displaying an ability to handle a variety of tasks, and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline driven, stressful environment
- Have the willingness to anchor from the field and work on special projects as assigned
- Demonstrated ability of good news judgment
- Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management while working well with producers, reporters and technical staff to help craft compelling and memorable newscasts
- 3 years of experience as a television anchor or reporter in a top 125 market
- Basic understanding of windows based electronics and the ability to learn ENPS as well as new systems as they are implemented.
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
- Must be willing to work in New Orleans, LA
For more details click here.