North Carolina Public Radio WUNC is hiring a Director of Digital Content
The Digital Content Director works as part of the Senior Leadership team to establish strategic and editorial direction and ensure that the digital content team is supporting the organizational goals and mission. As a member of Senior Leadership, the Digital Content Director will participate in strategic planning for the station, attend all meetings of the WUNC Board of Directors, and support the station’s DEI goals. They will prepare department budgets in consultation with the Finance Director, and assist in responding to questions regarding libel, fair use, community standards, and EEO.
Position priorities include:
- Ideation, creation, and development of new podcasts, as well as support for existing ones.
- Building community through WUNC’s podcasts, digital content, and Youth Reporting Institute.
- Creating KPIs for WUNC’s digital content and building a strategic vision for new audience discovery.
The Digital Content Director supervises the content team and is responsible for creating a vision for WUNC’s digital content creation and distribution, with an emphasis on podcasts. This position will analyze audience data, trends, and user habits to develop and evolve WUNC’s digital content creation. They will be responsible for creating KPI’s for digital content and digital content initiatives that can be utilized for the evaluation of the overall health of digital content products. Additional primary duties include managing contracts, project development, and community engagement related to WUNC’s digital content which includes podcasts, social media, video, and newsletters. The Digital Content Director will also work cooperatively with the Development Director on fundraising strategies and communications for digital content and revenue generation for digital content.
This Digital Content Director will start conversations in the community around WUNC’s digital content and will be responsible for building and fostering relationships with new and existing audiences, utilizing WUNC’s digital content as a bridge into the communities WUNC serves. In addition, the Director will oversee the growth and expansion of WUNC’s Youth Reporting Institute and solidify the community to radio pipeline.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
The Digital Content Director will be an experienced journalist and audio producer and a proven leader with strong management, production, editorial, and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communication, or related field. Master’s degree or comparable combination of education and experience preferred.
- At least four years of management and supervisory experience preferred.
- At least five years of experience as a digital content creator, producer, or journalist with increasing responsibility in each successive position. Experience in producing podcasts and/or live events is preferred.
- Experience at a listener-supported public radio station or network preferred.
- Experience with public radio or related not-for-profit fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills, and ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset, with experience in audience research and data analysis. * Experience with community engagement and building relationships with diverse audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in creating and delivering presentations.
- Passion for public media and a deep understanding of the role that public media plays in serving communities.
- Commitment to community engagement and a desire to build a community around the content that WUNC creates.
Interested applicants must apply at: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/250397
Candidates should be prepared to attach a current resume and cover letter.
The deadline to apply is 03/09/2023.
For more information click here.