A News Editor on the Enterprise Desk would join a team that helps shape the marquee journalistic work of The Wall Street Journal and ensures the quality, standards and excellence of our ambitious enterprise journalism.
- Edit enterprise stories, including but not limited to leders and aheds, and ensure they reach the pinnacle of journalistic quality.
- Help the Enterprise Editor assess stories and proposals and in doing so drive the agenda on our most important journalism.
- Be part of an effort to push our journalism into new formats.
- Quarterback each story and ensure the best possible launch, in terms of headlines, graphics and social promotion.
- Inspire our journalists to produce their best work on all platforms.
- Take ownership of marquee series.
- Show how major enterprise is both achievable and necessary for all reporters
- Help nurture promising talent in the newsroom.
- Deep understanding of the brand values and mission of The Wall Street Journal — digital and print — and how our journalism should be selected and presented in line with those values.
- Deep understanding of the audience and membership structure, and how to use insight research and analytics to continually refine this understanding.
- Equally at home in digital media environments and print, with a track record of editing in both. Solid grasp of video and interactive graphics as content formats.
- Understand modern and innovative journalism and storytelling techniques.
- Superb news judgment
To apply, go here.