The Wall Street Journal is looking for a graphics reporter to join its award-winning visuals team and dive into some of the biggest stories in business news to create impactful and innovative journalism. You will collaborate with other reporters, editors and visual journalists to create news graphics, interactive stories, multimedia, and data visualizations.
You will focus on beats such as technology and energy, and also have opportunities to work in other coverage areas.
You will report to the visuals editor for business news. You will begin this job remotely, but eventually work out of the New York office.
- Prior experience in a newsroom, and a good understanding of business news
- Excellent news judgment and reporting abilities
- Experience with visual journalism skills in a digital landscape
- Superior skills in information design, including layout, typography, color, and interaction design
- At least one or two specialties that might include 3D, animation, cartography, or data visualization
- An interest in data journalism and associated tools, such as Excel, SQL, R and Python
- A creative vision and willingness to share and collaborate on new ideas
- Able to help reporters and editors learn new skills that will contribute to their visual storytelling