The Wall Street Journal is looking for a deputy editor of culture, training and outreach.
- Work across news teams to help develop customized training and outreach solutions that enrich the newsroom’s culture of inclusion
- Help manage the Journal’s robust year-round training curriculum, new-hire orientation, newsroom internship training curriculum, and inclusion programs such as The WSJ Trust Fellowship, The Wall Street Journal-Morgan State Business Journalism Exchange and WSJ & Lehman Journo-Tech programs
- Oversee the newsroom’s weekly culture, training and outreach newsletter, including coordinating and editing content
- Help manage the Journal newsroom’s involvement with journalism conferences, such as participation in training and coordination of our attending journalists
- Manage visits by outside groups to the Journal newsroom
- Help identify outside training opportunities, fellowships and other programs
- A significant background in journalism and at least five years of experience working in a newsroom
- A track record as a successful reporter, particularly in business journalism, is a plus
- A demonstrated interest in journalism training and mentoring
This position reports to editor of culture, training and outreach Brent Jones.