The Wall Street Journal is looking for an editor to lead WSJ Pro Sustainable Business, which focuses on sustainability, social and environmental issues, including how companies are handling climate change, ESG regulations, and diversity goals. As part of WSJ Pro, these stories are intended to go beyond surface-level reporting and explore nuances that will inform and engage executives and decision-makers.
Sustainability is at the top of global executives’ list of priorities. Investors are scrutinizing companies’ environmental, social and governance performance. Regulators are mandating new non-financial disclosures. Customers want to know that companies are doing good, not just doing well. You will chronicle the new opportunities and pitfalls awaiting businesses as a result.
- Write and commission smart analysis pieces for newsletters and online publication.
- Dig into how companies are managing their sustainability strategies, from hiring decisions to tough choices about how to balance financial and non-financial objectives.
- Convey insightful information that business leaders can use to make better decisions.
- 5+ years of reporting and editing experience for an online publication.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience reporting and writing about sustainability, environment and climate.
- Experience producing compelling digital content that attracts and engages audiences.
- Sound news judgment and a deep well of ideas about what stories need to be told and how best to tell them.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to meet regular deadlines.
- A proven ability to work across departments.
This job will be based either in our New York City or London office. You will report to the Professional Products Editor.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the role, and samples of work that demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements of this position.
To apply, go here.