The Wall Street Journal is seeking an experienced reporter to cover the White House, the Biden administration’s economic policies and its relationship with the business community. This position will include tracking complex policy decisions while also being part of a team that provides daily coverage of the White House.
This job is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced team covering highly competitive news at the center of our nation’s politics. It involves press duty in the briefing room as part of a rotation but also enterprise stories and breaking news that will provide the most distinctive coverage from the White House.
The job also requires a collegial approach since this position is part of a team and involves partnerships with the Journal’s many other talented reporters in the U.S.
- Understand the key U.S. industry groups that are impacted by economic policy, and how they seek to influence it.
- Be available to travel and serve as the Journal’s representative in the press pool.
- Produce enterprise stories and breaking news that provide the smartest and most distinctive coverage from the White House.
- Collaborate with other teams of reporters in Washington and beyond.
- Knowledge of the rhythms of the White House, and an understanding of the various key players in the administration who are being tapped to implement White House policy.
- A familiarity with how this administration’s approach is different or similar to those of past administrations.
- A demonstrated ability to generate scoops, cover big stories under deadline pressure and produce smart analytical pieces.
The position will be based in Washington, D.C., and report to Politics Editor Ben Pershing.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter explaining how you would approach the job and five clips.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, go here.