WSJ seeks a newsletter editor
The Wall Street Journal seeks a newsletter editor to curate and edit a variety of daily newsletters, including What’s News and the 10-Point, for early morning distribution.
This role requires superb judgment and a strong command of the Journal’s core coverage priorities. The newsletter editor will be proficient with newsletter authoring and publishing tools, have a curiosity for audience data and enthusiasm for constant experimentation.
This person will work directly with senior editors and coverage chiefs to ensure each newsletter contains the right mix of news and features to inform and delight subscribers. Must be passionate about storytelling delivered to inboxes.
- Exercises strong judgment in packaging and presenting news.
- Demonstrates a command of editing and digital headline writing, especially for inboxes.
- Employs design and visual judgment to enhance digital storytelling packages.
- Understands how to balance breaking news with enterprise and features journalism.
- Recognizes the Journal’s core digital audience and its needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the right audience.
- Familiar with the Journal’s brand, content offering and various digital/print platforms.
- Upholds The Wall Street Journal’s high standards and ethics.
Digital media skills
- Ease with editing different types of media, e.g., text, graphics, share text and captions.
- Creates informative and engaging packages for readers’ inboxes.
- Uses data to inform curation decisions, improve newsletter products and grow audience.
- Strong command of digital and social-media strategies and publishing tools.
- Command of newsroom publishing tools, metadata and visual storytelling devices.
- Ability and willingness to assist in troubleshooting digital publishing issues.
- Detail-oriented. Takes pride in and ownership of his or her own work.
- Works well independently and as part of a larger team.
- Thrives in an atmosphere of constant change and embraces experimentation.
- Comfortable balancing multiple tasks and responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Collaborates with other groups and employs excellent communication skills.
- Open-minded. Welcomes learning new skills and opportunities to teach others.
- General awareness of how our newsroom works and others’ roles and responsibilities.
To apply, go here.