The Wall Street Journal is looking for a high-metabolism news editor for a role at the heart of our newsroom: financial-markets coverage. We are building and growing Live Markets, our ambitious new digital offering that brings news, analysis and ideas to readers throughout the day—at the tempo of the ever-changing financial markets.
- Commission, edit and publish for Live Markets
- Curate the `front page’ of Live Markets
- Work with reporters to hone their thinking, writing and chart-making
- A keen interest in financial markets, and experience working with finance or markets copy
- Digital publishing or editing skills
- A willingness to experiment, adapt and build new ways of doing markets journalism
This job is based in our New York office and reports to a Deputy Coverage Chief in the Finance News Bureau.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter describing how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the role.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, go here.