WMTW-TV, Maine’s ABC affiliate, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will produce content on-air, online, and for our mobile devices.
We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit videos and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the “big story”.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights, and weekends. Variable shift possible.
- Put together high-quality packages.
- Coverage of breaking news and sports.
- Develop sources and generate story ideas.
- Shoot live shots and live interviews.
- Shoot and track news stories.
- Work with reporters on packages, special reports, and documentaries.
- In-person attendance is required.
- At least one year of television news reporting, photography, and editing.
- Breaking news/sports reporter.
- Creative writer and packager.
- Military multimedia experience will be considered.
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Good personality
- Must connect with viewers Must enjoy being part of a team
- Excellent writing and packaging skills
- Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography
- Ability to develop contacts and generate stories
- Ability to shoot and edit high-quality video
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans.
- Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
For further details click here.