7 News is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our late news audience! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box on TV and our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate should be able to develop contacts, pitch impactful enterprise “On Your Side” brand stories. Only the strongest of storytellers with great attitudes should apply. The best person for this job loves to be chasing the important stories after the sun goes down, has an excellent understanding of the use of social media and breaking stories on digital first.
- We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box on TV and our digital platforms
- Creating, writing and editing meaningful stories for station’s newscast and website
- Must be fully invested in social media audience engagement
- Dynamic live reporting skills
- Ability to adjust for breaking news and convey urgency and immediacy to the viewer
- Understanding of how active live shots are incorporated into story telling
- Ability to create unique late news enterprise content, not just rehash a story from earlier
- Connecting with local community members
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
- Working closely with all members of the news team, which would include Managers, Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
- Only the strongest of storytellers with great attitudes should apply
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Some experience reporting in late evening newscasts
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Great understanding of our “On Your Side” brand in storytelling
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- At least 5 years of experience as a Reporter
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
For further details click here.