Wisconsin daily seeks a business reporter
The Wausau Daily Herald, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin, is seeking an energetic journalist to join our team as a reporter covering local business in a dynamic way and telling great stories about the community.
The reporter will be responsible for covering a wide range of stories in our growing community, creating compelling journalism that grows a fan base by informing and engaging readers.
We want scoops about local business, profiles of fascinating people and deep-dive features about issues that matter to readers. Acts as a community ambassador and connects with readers through social media. Provides thoughtful analysis of complex issues. Works with editors to shape storytelling to meet audience needs and interests on every platform.
What you will do:
• Creates storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms through the use of metrics.
• Connects with the community through storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.)
• Works with editors to evaluate what’s working and what’s not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
• Collaborates with content team to provide all the appropriate elements for stories (i.e. photos, videos and graphics).
• Provides thoughtful analysis of complex issues.
• Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
• Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
• What skills you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications.
• Internship or experience in student publication.
• Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers’ time and money.
• Self-motivation and self-direction.
• Knowledge of social media and how to engage fan base on digital platforms in the public space.
• Photo and video skills.
• Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
• Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
• Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company’s goals.
• Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
To apply, go here.