Wired is looking for an experienced journalist to work across its multiple platforms.
The successful candidate will be a highly literate team player who is full of ideas, always curious and very energetic. A passion for technology, startup culture and ecosystems is a must, as is an eye for detail. They will also understand the importance of self-reliance in delivering quality, accurate copy at speed to meet deadlines – all while maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude.
The candidate will be editing the Work Smarter section in the print edition, along with contributing stories more broadly across all sections, and running the business vertical on the website.
They will be expected to generate stories suitable for multiple formats and which range from timely, uncovered angles on up-to-the minute news, to forward-thinking pieces that identify must-know future trends – all backed up with meticulous research.
Our Senior Editor will need to enjoy a challenge as this role will be busy and demanding – but also very enjoyable and a great opportunity to play a part in shaping Wired’s future.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Commissioning and co-editing the Work Smarter section in co-operation with the art and production departments, and commissioning and editing content for the website
- Commissioning multimedia content for the magazine’s digital editions
- Generating ideas for sections across the magazine
- Writing across the magazine as commissioned
- Contributing to Wired’s website, podcast, video and other outlets for Wired content as directed
- Offering ideas and suggestions to Wired Consulting, and assisting in the production of supporting materials
- Co-curating and programming Wired events, including identifying and contacting potential speakers, performers and guests
To apply, go here.