Wired seeks a multimedia producer
The multimedia producer is a multimedia visual journalist who packages reviews, buying guides, and other original WIRED Gear section content for distribution on the site and its social media platforms. They will pitch content ideas, coverage plans, and engagement ideas to help broaden WIRED’s product coverage and reach consumers.
This role will work with WIRED’s reviews team, social media team, and art department to produce high-quality still, video, and related media production. The ideal candidate has strong photography and video skills and can edit and design online- and social-first assets for WIRED gear coverage.
- Conceptualize and execute visuals for reviews and buying guides on WIRED.com, including photography, video, and illustrations
- Partner with teams focused on social media, art, design, and reviews to implement multimedia strategy for WIRED.com reviews and buying guides
- Identify and create multimedia assets specifically around big events such as Amazon Prime Day, summer holidays, and Black Friday/Cyber Monday, to help engage and broaden interest around WIRED’s Gear and reviews coverage
- Conceptualize evergreen visual assets that accompany reviews and buying guides
- On individual stories, determine media needs and plan production. This could include: shooting and editing video and photography for reviews and buying guides on social platforms and WIRED.com; creating photo slideshows that tell a story, using applicable visual assets; identifying existing images and video to enhance stories, and use as necessary in any videos for social media; and creating illustrations (photo and original illustrations) related to reviews and buying guides
Experience with Adobe Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects is preferred.
This is a full-time position based in WIRED’s San Francisco office. This is an interdepartmental role. You would be a member of WIRED’s audience development team and also a member of Conde Nast’s Commerce department.
To apply, click here. Please include:
- A cover letter explaining your background, familiarity with WIRED, and your skillset
- A resume
- Samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments)