Wired seeks a managing editor
Wired is looking for a managing editor who will work closely with the rest of the WIRED leadership team to manage day-to-day processes, projects, and budgets. You will be the senior operations person within Wired, reporting directly to the Global Editorial Director, and responsible for ensuring that we make the best possible use of our people’s time and resources in a fast-moving, multiplatform publishing environment. You will also interface with other teams within Conde Nast including sales and finance.
The managing editor needs to be familiar with digital strategy and editorial process, understand business operations, and have superior verbal and written communication skills. We are looking for an efficient and empathetic manager with strong instincts for upholding editorial values and integrity.
• Act as the daily point of contact with the marketing and sales team to vet and consult on advertising proposals
• Project-manage sponsored editorial packages and other new editorial launches
• Act as the daily point of contact with consumer marketing to optimize the subscription offering
• Optimize operations to gain cost and labor efficiencies, helping people do their jobs more easily
• Act as the staff liaison for the management team
• Facilitate communication across groups to ensure work is happening in sync
• Manage all department budgets, including editorial and staff operations budgets
• Manage the editorial business manager and other support staff
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• A proven track record of sound judgment, problem solving and decision-making ability in situations involving many departments, leaders and key stakeholders
• Experience managing a slate of multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience managing/leading a cross-functional team
• Experience working closely with finance departments on business deals and negotiation
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.