Wired seeks a business editor in San Francisco
Wired is seeking a first-rate business editor to work with our digital editorial team.
Wired’s business editor will oversee and edit all of Wired’s online business coverage—from short news stories to longer-form profiles and columns.
Beyond that, the person in this position should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative newsroom, be nimble and adaptable, and have a strong sense of how to frame stories to fit Wired’s editorial vision and voice.
Candidates should be comfortable working with content-management systems and the Adobe suite of publishing tools. They should also be able to work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure. They should have a real sense of what is most important in Silicon Valley at any moment.
The position is a full-time staff role in our San Francisco office and occasionally requires working long hours.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• At least four years’ experience as an editor or writer, preferably with a business or tech coverage background
• An acute attention to detail
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Familiarity with the content of WIRED
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• A broad-based knowledge of the world
To apply: Send a cover letter, resumé, and links to clips to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “business editor” in the subject line.