Wick Communications is seeking a collaborative team leader to oversee print pagination for our network of newspapers and specialty publications.
This is a key role in our organization, managing all aspects of the pagination process and ensuring our publications meet the highest quality and efficiency standards. We’re looking for someone who knows how to produce killer news pages — and is also comfortable architecting processes to make the “daily miracle” way more efficient with every cycle. The scope of this position does not include oversight of newspaper printing, so experience with presses isn’t required, production awareness is desired.
- Directly supervise a hub of page designers, who produce more than 750 pages per week
- Responsible for recruiting and training page designers
- Work with editorial director to set style and design standards for company-wide adoption
- Oversight of deadlines, publication calendars and staffing
- Develop shared content strategies across newspapers
- Serve as the point of contact for third-party design companies and content providers
- Collaborate closely with company leadership to set long-term department strategies
- This position follows normal business hours, but occasional evening and weekend work may be required
This is a new position for Wick Communications and we’re open to candidates with varied backgrounds. Please consider applying even if your work experience doesn’t exactly match this description.
- 5+ years of newspaper experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- A deep understanding of the print media landscape, including current challenges and opportunities
- Capacity to innovate and bring creative solutions to traditional newspaper pagination and design
- Past experience as a page designer, copy editor or content editor is preferred
- Experience with a centralized design center is preferred
- Knowledge of inDesign and/or Blox CMS is a plus
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Tucson (remote work is available for the right candidate.) Our benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, paid vacation time and 401k retirement options.
For further information click here.