West Virginia paper seeks a business reporter
WVMetroNews.com and The Dominion Post newspaper in Morgantown seek a reporter with a knack for conveying the human side of business stories — from small shops trying to make it downtown to our region’s largest employer, West Virginia University, and its expanding health care system. While this position will have a business lean, it offers multiple opportunities to contribute on enterprise projects across various beats.
• Two to three years of professional reporting experience preferred
• Source development to break news and inform readers on business trends
• Ability to make the impact of business numbers relatable to readers
• Hungry fact-gathering attitude (public records and data reporting is a must)
• Produce centerpiece-worthy stories for the newspaper and state’s top news website, along with constant digital posts
• Serve as a guest on the MetroNews daily lineup of statewide talk shows
• Schedule flexibility to work nights and weekends
Candidates will be expected to relocate to the Morgantown area, a university-driven city about 75 minutes from Pittsburgh and three hours from D.C.
Please send resume, salary requirements, and links to five writing samples (breaking news and feature writing) to Allan Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re hopeful of interviewing finalists by Dec. 1.