The Strategist is a site for helping people shop the internet smartly. We’re looking for a Junior Writer to join our team of journalists, who are obsessively testing new products, collecting first-hand experience, and interviewing those whose taste and expertise we trust to find the products that are actually worth buying. The website, an offshoot of New York’s National Magazine Award–winning print section of the same name, offers readers rigorously-vetted articles to help navigate the vast online shopping landscape. Think of us as your shopaholic friends who care equally about function, value, innovation, and good taste.
The Strategist is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
The Junior Writer will:
- Write and/or update 5-6 articles each week on a variety of topics, including gift guides, sales posts, and monthly product roundups
- Research products across the online shopping-sphere to recommend to readers, in a wide range of categories (i.e., fashion, beauty, homewares, gadgets, kitchen, etc.)
- Synthesize reporting, research, and product reviews from the Strategist’s archive to write engaging articles in the site’s voice and tone
- Additional editorial responsibilities, as assigned by editors
The ideal candidate for Junior Writer has:
- 1-2 years of professional journalism experience, or equivalent
- Strong writing skills with an understanding of, or willingness to learn, the Strategist’s voice, tone, and approach to service journalism
- Excellent communication skills, especially in a remote work environment with a distributed team
- An ability to balance both short-term and long-term projects, with an eye for detail and keeping to deadlines
- A familiarity with digital publishing tools, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferred
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch!
Salary: $67,500—$72,000 USD
For more information click here.