VinePair is the largest digital media company delivering accessible, entertaining, and inspiring content about drinks and the experiences you have with a glass in hand. We’re looking for a motivated full-time News Writer to cover breaking news, product launches, and other important timely topics across the drinks space. Reporting to the managing editor, this position will focus on what’s happening right now locally, nationally, and around the world, and provide analysis to connect it back to drinking and drinks culture. We’re looking for an ambitious and talented writer to run this coverage and join our fast growing team.
The ideal candidate is a hard worker with a great attitude, adept at writing and reporting, has excellent attention to detail, and understands what a successful news story looks like. We’re interested in someone who is excited about working in a dynamic startup environment, resourceful, and passionate about our brand. The ideal candidate will also have a thirst for building a solid network of sources, breaking original news stories, and beating other publications to the punch. If this is you — plus you love the world of media, drinks, travel, food, and lifestyle — and you have writing and reporting experience, ideally in the drinks or business space, we should talk. Salary commensurate with experience, plus health and vision.
- Writing multiple news posts per day that tap into trending or soon-to-be-trending topics in drinking culture
- Covering breaking news (including at night and on weekends, if necessary)
- Staying plugged into what’s happening in all areas of wine, beer, and spirits and how major news events relate back to these areas
- Pitching ideas at weekly staff meetings
- Collaborating with art and social media teams to package stories
This position is more than just re-blogging, publishing press releases, or following what’s trending on TikTok. Ability to conceive of and generate original content — often with original sources — is a must.
- 2-3 years professional news writing experience, ideally at a business publication or other drinks publication
- Foundational understanding of the drinks space with a thirst to learn more
- Excellent news judgment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to generate clean, accurate copy with incisive analysis
- A familiarity with the fast pace of internet publishing
- Ability to write dynamic headlines and a familiarity with SEO, or a willingness to learn
- A passion for culture, dining, nightlife, and entertaining
- Must be able to work 4 days a week in our NYC offices
- Must present proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster
- Must love dogs (our offices are dog friendly!)
Interested? Please send your resume, a cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
For further details click here.