VentureBeat is looking for a Managing Editor to drive our industry-leading editorial coverage of enterprise technology transformation.
A revolution is unfolding, where all companies are data driven — presenting them with both opportunity and risk. VB’s editorial team aims to produce the most helpful guide for technical decision-makers navigating this enterprise transformation. We aim to be the number one site covering data technologies and data strategies, including around areas like AI, security, automation and more.
The job can be done remotely, as VB becomes a remote-first and inclusive company.
The Managing Editor will be the lead product and project manager within the editorial team, overseeing adherence to processes around things like news, long-form coverage, calendaring for event coverage, and more. The Managing Editor will work closely with the Editor in Chief and Executive Editor to help the company to fulfill its objective: to be the leading townsquare for executives to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact, including through events, networking features and more.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overseeing and enforcing all of editorial’s key processes, including schedules for coverage, internal writer’s guide, training, story quality control, news coverage and more
- Help manage a growing team of a writers and editors
- Upholding rigorous ethical and reporting standards that are best in the industry
- Collaborate with business side to refine editorial strategy
- Ensure adherence to editorial style guide and best practices
Qualifications and Skills:
- requires 5+ yrs experience in editorial management
- knowledge of the enterprise data technology landscape
- operational excellence, excellent communication and collaboration skills
- strong familiarity with news and analysis formats, as well as as SEO
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Experience developmental editing, copy editing and working with a copy desk team
VB values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, to apply. VB is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Position
Apply by email to Mmarshall@venturebeat.com
Attach to the e-mail in PDF format:
- Letter of application addressing how your qualifications match the position criteria, and a brief statement that addresses your interest in the position, your passion for the VB mission, and how you will contribute to the VB vision.
- Resume including five references we may contact
- Please enter “Managing Editor position” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for submitting applications is August 31, 2022.