US News & World Report seeks investing reporter
The Consumer Advice team at U.S. News & World Report, which strives to help people make smarter decisions when it comes to saving and spending, retirement, careers and investing, is seeking a sharp reporter to join our enthusiastic team of writers and editors producing online investing content.
This role is responsible for writing insightful, actionable articles regarding stocks, mutual funds, ETFs and and other equities as it relates to individual investors. This role includes working closely with editors in a fast-paced digital environment. Strong writing skills are required, and an investing/personal finance background is a must.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
- Research and write investing stories directly in our CMS that analyze current conditions and long-term trends to help readers make informed decisions about their money
- Be an essential part of a team that recruits freelancers and bloggers to generate content with a consumer-advice focus
- Contribute to the writing and production of a daily investing newsletter
- Use a variety of web-based applications, such as Slack, Google Docs and Outlook, for organizational, workflow and communications purposes
- Generate story ideas
- Contribute to a guiding investing content strategy
- Work closely with the data, product and design teams to improve research products, including Best Stocks, Best Mutual Funds, Best ETFs, and Financial Advisors
- One to three years of reporting and editing experience, with a background in business or investing reporting
- Strong knowledge of investing topics, including stocks, mutual funds and ETFs, financial sectors, cryptocurrencies as well as retirement issues
- Experience with content management systems
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts, web analytics and social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter
- The ability to multitask and work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced, digital environment
- Good communication skills
- College degree or equivalent
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401(k) plans.
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume and three writing samples.
To apply, go here.