US News seeks consumer reporter
U.S. News & World Report is actively seeking an experienced Consumer Advice Writer for our consumer-oriented automotive site, U.S. News Best Cars. This position is based in our metro-accessible, Washington, D.C. office and will be working in a brand new office suite, set up for the collaborative work environment our employees appreciate. The autos team at U.S. News & World Report is a friendly atmosphere, where individuals are held to deadlines and operate at a fast pace. We are seeking someone with a firm knowledge of journalistic writing conventions and formal writing training.
U.S. News has earned a reputation as the leading provider of news and information that helps consumers make decisions, including Best Colleges, Best Hospitals and Best Cars. U.S. News Best Cars helped more than 45 million car shoppers in the past year through rankings and reviews of new and used cars.
Enthusiasm about cars and the automotive market is a big help, but the best person for the job will be just as enamored with writing about minivans as they are with writing about sports cars. Most importantly, the best candidate for this job will be passionate about helping consumers navigate the new and used car markets.
· Write 1-3 consumer advice automotive stories (700-1,000 words) per week
· Identify and interview experts on story topics
· Responsible for gathering photos, videos etc. to accompany stories
· Upload and publish all pieces in CMS on deadline
· Suggest Twitter and Facebook posts to accompany story
· Responsible for creating slideshows by gathering photos and writing captions
· Write 5-15 blog posts per week (200-500 words)
o Write blog posts to accompany advice pieces
o Write blog posts on deals, data mining, etc.
· Support editorial team on the creation of car buying guides as needed
· Coordinate with other U.S. News verticals and promote their car buying-related content with blog posts
· Pitch story topics monthly
To apply, go here.