US News seeks a money editor
U.S. News & World Report is a digital-first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position, you will have the opportunity to use your strengths and skills as a Money Editor to support the creation of consumer-focused personal finance and investing content for the money section, covering a wide range of topics including credit cards, stocks, loans, funds and other investable assets.
In the personal finance space, you’ll be responsible for editing credit card and lender profiles; advice articles; core guides on topics like debt consolidation loans, student loans, mortgages, rewards credit cards and balance transfer credit cards; and other content to support our credit cards and loans personal finance products.
In the investing space, you’ll edit (and occasionally write) advice content that helps people make smarter decisions when it comes to stocks, funds, portfolio management, retirement investing, best brokerages and financial advisors.
In this role, you will work with producers, editors, writers, bloggers, freelancers and product team members.
Are you up to the challenge?
You should be a nimble editor who is skilled at juggling several assignments at once and can edit a variety of topics in the money space.
As part of the job, you’ll edit credit cards, loans, stocks, funds and investing advice articles and slideshows for flow, consistency, tone, audience, brevity and accuracy. Responsibilities also include fact-checking, testing pages associated with our lists to ensure error-free work, and, occasionally, writing short-form profiles and updating guide pages.
You will help maintain some of our content calendars, identify new content opportunities, assign articles and communicate with freelancers. The Money Editor could also help curate the daily Invested newsletter and weekly Advisor Weekly newsletter.
This position involves working closely with an enthusiastic, highly collaborative team of money editors in a fast-paced digital environment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
You should definitely have:
- 3-5 years of professional editing experience at a digital media company
- Strong copy editing skills
- Experience in business journalism
- Ability to edit content for multiple projects and topics simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Experience editing in a content management system
- Expertise and prior experience using AP style
- Experience working with and managing freelancers and writers
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices
- Experience analyzing data and incorporating data into content
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve content and better engage our audience
- Journalism or related degree or equivalent experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience covering investing advice, stocks and funds
- Experience covering personal finance, credit cards or loans
- Experience using Google Docs and Sheets
- Familiarity with SEMRush
- Experience with traffic analytics tools
- Experience building and optimizing newsletters
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Collaborative Work Environment – fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
- Please note we are not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply, go here.