The News Department at TelevisaUnivision is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our team! The successful candidate should be proud of the commitment of serving our local community. As an MMJ, you will cover news in San Jose.
- You will be responsible for generating story ideas, as well as making and maintaining contacts with community leaders, government officials, and local authorities
- You will present reports in a clear, concise, objective manner; as well as present enterprising stories and sweeps series ideas
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report, and edit assigned stories daily and establish Live shots as needed
- Post video, pictures and stories to website, Facebook, and other social media outlets under the direction of our Digital content producers
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, state, and national news and events across our coverage area
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with coworkers, supervisors, and the community at large
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred (i.e., communications, journalism, television broadcasting).
- You are a team player with solid news judgment and must be a “one-person band” to complete a story from beginning to end
- You must be able to work independently with the camera, write, edit own story, and interact with the viewers through all the Univision media platforms
- 1-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Excellent command of Spanish and English both written and verbal
- Applicant must be able to use newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software)
- High ethical and journalistic standards
- Advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to (8) hours without restrictions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time
- This position will require the employee to be a member or join SAG-AFTRA
Salary: $91,448.80 + Benefits
For more information click here.