Triangle Biz Journal seeks a retail and restaurants reporter
The Triangle Business Journal, an award-winning publication in one of the fastest-growing markets in the nation, is looking for an ambitious and digitally savvy reporter who will thrive in our breaking news culture. The primary beats are retail, restaurants and business services.
TBJ won the top award (general excellence) in the small newspaper category in 2020 from the country’s premier trade organization for business journalists, the Society for Advanced Business Editing and Writing (SABEW).
You will join a feisty staff that tells important stories, experiments with new media and goes all out to cover the greater Raleigh-Durham area’s fast-growing economy.
• Contribute daily stories on your beats
• Contribute long-form pieces for the weekly edition
• Own your audience, by every measure
• Marry traditional reporting techniques with digital and social media newsgathering and publishing
• Identify companies and business leaders who are or will become newsmakers
· Work collaboratively with peers in design, research and technology.
· Regularly attend and participate in Business Journal sponsored events.
· Take on any other assignment made by manager(s).
· Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with sources.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum three years journalism experience with proven ability to write and report
· Exceptional source development and news judgment
· Polished writing
· Demonstrated experience breaking news online
· Ability to work independently
· Strong analytical and investigative abilities
· Demonstrated success using social media as a newsgathering tool
· Ability to shoot photos and video
· Knowledge of the retail and restaurant industries.
If this sounds like you, send your resume, a cover letter and three to five published clips to:
Sougata Mukherjee, Editor-In-Chief