Triad Business Journal is looking for a reporter who can marry strong traditional journalism skills – source building, sharp news judgment, interviewing prowess, strong analytical and investigative reporting, clear writing, document use – with digital and social media know-how. Whatever the platform, this reporter will produce content that is accompanied by perspective and context for our influential and growing audience of business owners, executives and professionals in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem region of North Carolina.
• Report and write well on deadline
• Work independently
• Break news and to identify newsworthy events and sources.
• Strong analytical and investigative-interviewing skills
• Ability to relate comfortably to a wide range of people and to develop sources and audience.
• Competitive, collaborative, curious
• Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
• Able to leverage source relationships to deliver content that differentiates the organization from competitors.
• Multimedia skills, including video, photos, broadcast, on-camera, helpful.
Specifically, this reporter will cover technology and health care, two industries that are helping to drive growth in our region. Ideal coverage includes everything from exclusives about established companies and startups that have traction, to sophisticated analysis of the issues that affect these two industries, to savvy, important coverage of the executives, ideas and characters who make them run.
A Business Journal reporter is expected to contribute both daily online posts and long-form print stories to our news products. Scoops matter. A lot.
1-3 years of journalism experience
Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
Knowledge of business and/or business community a plus.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and clips that best show enterprising and scoop reporting to Beth Hunt, Director of Editorial Recruiting and Development at American City Business Journals: email@example.com