We’re looking for a new and enthusiastic editor to guide the award-winning newspaper’s editorial content. Our growing communities offer the perfect environment.
If you’re an editor who misses the days of independence from the corporate giants, agonizes over the trend of cookie-cutter designs that many newspapers have adopted, we may have the opportunity you seek. The Torrington Telegram, a two-day weekly in Torrington, is looking for our next Editor to lead our news department. We believe strong community newspapers lead the way and our news content and our editorial page backs up our passion for local news. We are fiercely independent and our content platform is nearly all local news with every issue. We also publish several special sections the Editor supervises and oversees content.
- Knowledge of overall newspaper business
- Deadline driven
- Strong editing, writing, designing and pagination skills
- Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong editorial writing skills; Also basic newswriting and photography required
- Manage people/Direct reports
- Be a visible leader in our community
The Editor is the No. 1 position in our news department and a key member of the management team. We offer a competitive salary – including no state income tax, normal benefits of cost-shared health insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays and vacations.
If interested, send clips and three references to Publisher Rob Mortimore at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click here.