Toronto Star seeks business reporter
To help produce this new edition, Star Touch, we are looking for a digital-first Journalist to cover business and finance.
We are seeking a reporter with extensive experience covering business in a daily news environment. Knowledge of economics and finance is a must; just as important is the ability to make such areas relevant to everyday readers.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with both straight-ahead news reporting and alternative storytelling techniques, including interactive graphics and video. Experience in covering personal finance, regulatory issues and technology would also be a strong asset.
- Significant reporting experience in a news operation. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have covered business.
- Excellent, well-developed news judgment.
- The ability to generate original reporting ideas daily.
- Strong knowledge of journalistic storytelling techniques using digital tools.
- Ability and desire to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Postsecondary education, preferably a university degree
To apply, go here.