Times Publishing group of Douthit Communications is seeking a beat reporters for our innovative company committed to reporting local news to communities in the eastern suburbs of Cleveland and Geauga County. The Times group has significant reach into our communities with our three weekly newspapers, a website, and E-editions. Our papers have consistently won awards with the Ohio News Media Association, Society of Professional Journalists, and other top journalism groups. The Chagrin Valley Times was named Ohio’s weekly newspaper of the year by ONMA 23 times in the last 30 years.
The primary role of the reporter working in our organization:
- To gather news in a timely manner
- Manage a beat
- Cover breaking news
- Develop sources within each community.
- Accuracy and professionalism are key to this job
- We are looking for excellent writers who know how to dig out a news story, find interesting feature stories and communicate well with people.
Minimum requirements include:
- A degree in journalism or communications
- A working cell phone
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver license
- Access to a computer when remote work is necessary
- Some news writing and gathering experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of AP style and computer skills also are needed for consideration.
Please email a resume, letter of introduction, writing samples and references to:
For more information click here.