Position Summary: In alignment with the organization’s mission and strategic objectives, the senior content strategist produces engaging, accurate and lively content and then distributes this content across myriad platforms, including internal and external websites, social media channels, publications and email. The senior content strategist manages freelance writers who provide content for MyCarolinaLife.com and oversees Tidelands Health’s social media channels, including Facebook, X, Threads, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Develops and implements Tidelands Health’s content strategy, assuring accurate and engaging content is produced, edited and distributed in alignment with an aggressive content calendar
- Serves as the editor of MyCarolinaLife.com, with sole responsibility for keeping the site accurate and current; produces content for MyCarolinaLife.com and manages freelance writers who produce content for the platform, assigning stories, editing content, etc.
- Manages and monitors Tidelands Health’s social media channels, including Facebook, X, Threads, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. Posts fresh content daily, manages advertising on social channels and rapidly responds to comments/messages, internally escalating consumer concerns for resolution as appropriate
- Develops and implements Tidelands Health’s email marketing strategy
- Partners with the digital director to develop content and optimize SEO for tidelandshealth.org and other digital platforms
- Writes speeches, whitepapers, nominations, etc. as assigned
- Functions as a productive member of the marketing and communications team, supporting departmental projects and initiatives to advance health system strategy
- Serves as member of the health system’s crisis communications team
- Completes other duties as assigned, including but not limited to photography and simple photo editing, event staffing, etc
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or closely related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience/Qualifications: Minimum of five years’ experience in corporate communications required. Previous health care communications experience strongly preferred.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Advanced critical thinking and general judgment skills required.
- Exemplary proofreading capability and attention to detail required.
- Mastery of grammar and AP style required.
- Proven organization and project management skills required.
For further details click here.