We are a PR agency who actively recruit journalists for our media strategy. We need a fourth ‘Media Consultant and Ghostwriter’ to join our growing team.
This role acts as the client lead, not only leading the media strategy for our clients but ghostwriting articles when we secure them, writing up a talk outline when required. So, the ability to write copy fit for top-tier media, and having a nose for story angles is at the core of this role.
If your answer to these questions is yes, then you will probably be successful in this role:
- Can you watch a 20 minute video of a someone giving a talk, and then capture it in a paragraph, noteworthy enough to pitch to speaking events?
- Do you have a knack for asking the right questions to draw out someone’s unique expertise and insights – enough to formulate a pitch for an opinion piece or advice article.
- Can you take waffly copy, full of jargon and repetition and turn it into a succinct 800 word ‘advice piece’ suitable for a top tier media publication, in just a couple of hours?
- Do you have experience of pitching your own story ideas to the media as a writer?
- Would you have a good ‘bedside manner’ with clients and be able to explain things clearly?
We do PR for founders, senior execs, consultants, academics and other subject matter experts. We do not do PR for brands, products or events.
We are a small but growing team, who value flexible working and are always trying to make our business offering better. Our working model is mostly remote, but every Thursday we come together in central London at a co-working space. This is essential to the role, so please only apply if you can come into our London workspace once per week. There may also be occasional London-based meetings in addition to this.
- Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject heading WRITER AND MEDIA CONSULTANT Include a CV or a link to a profile which summarises your experience.
- Ideally, please include a link to either a first-person article, advice-piece or opinion piece which you have written in your name, or ghost-written. And any other media articles in your byline which you are proud of.
Closing date: 23 February 2023
Salary: £42-48k DoE
(This is a full-time role, but we will consider candidates who want a pro-rata 4-day-a-week position too – in our experience creative people tend to do other things!)
To apply, go here.