Thinknum Media, the world’s fastest-growing alternative-data-focused media outlet from Thinknum, is looking for an Associate Editor to join our media group. This will be a hands-on, in-house editorial role in our midtown Manhattan office.
You’ll be part of a small-but-growing team of professional journalists and storytellers from CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Engadget, and will help us lead the charge into the future of business, finance, technology, and world-trend storytelling. Be prepared to work hard, own the scoops, and write your face off.
Thinknum is a venture-backed alternative data software startup.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence.
Thinknum has over 150 clients across major corporations and investment firms.
- Produce and edit weekly & monthly content for Thinknum Media
- Develop a community of contacts and sources
- Pitch stories internally to editors and externally to outlets for syndication and sourcing
- Meet daily with peers and senior editors to discuss content plans (don’t worry, some of these are just over a cup of coffee or tea)
- The ability to work on multiple projects of varying lengths and timeframes at the same time
- Strong catalog of clips and headlines
- Ability to write catchy, engaging copy and headlines
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee and their dependents
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
To apply, go here.