Thinknum seeks a managing editor
Thinknum Media, the world’s fastest-growing alternative-data-focused media outlet from Thinknum, is looking for a Managing Editor to join our media group. We are looking for a skilled Managing Editor to oversee our daily publishing operations.
You will be reporting to the Editor in Chief and supervise writers, editors, and other staff. This will be a hands-on, in-house editorial role in our midtown Manhattan office. You’ll be part of a small-but-growing team of professional journalists and storytellers from CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Engadget, and will help us lead the charge into the future of business, finance, technology, and world-trend storytelling.
Thinknum is a venture-backed alternative data software startup.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence.
Thinknum has over 150 clients across major corporations and investment firms.
- Plan and manage all daily publishing operations
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
- Coach and supervise personnel
- Own and enforce editorial calendar
- Coordinate editorial publications and meetings
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy when necessary
- Assist in evaluating finalized copy for compliance with policies, style and tone
- Resolve issues as they arise
- Exceptional ability in copywriting and editing
- Abilities in planning and coordinating people and operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee and their dependents
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
To apply, go here.