TheAtlantic.com seeks business editor
TheAtlantic.com is looking for an experienced journalist to lead its business and economics coverage.
This is a full-time job. We prefer the position be based at our headquarters in Washington, DC, but we will also consider New York-based candidates working out of our Union Square office.
• Developing a distinctive Atlantic perspective on business that emphasizes intelligence, voice, and range;
• Conceiving innovative ways of covering business and generating new ideas for ongoing features;
• Writing regularly for the channel and, on occasion, other Atlantic verticals;
• Managing and editing a small internal team of writers as well as recruiting new contributors and responding to pitches from freelancers;
• Editing and producing posts before publication.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• Has 5 to 10 years of experience as a business writer or editor at a publication;
• Has significant experience in digital media – assigning, editing, producing, or writing stories/posts for the Web;
• Has a deep understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience including, but not limited to, using search, social media, content partners, and third-party aggregators;
• Can spot talent, build and manage a team, and operate independently;
• Matches a creative, innovative, experimental sensibility with high editorial standards and attention to detail;
• Has a journalistic sensibility that fits Atlantic values: intelligent, fair, accurate, fast, curious, provocative, news-driven.
To apply, go here.