Leading Hollywood industry news website TheWrap is seeking an experienced business reporter to cover the business of media and technology – particularly how new technologies are revolutionizing the traditional entertainment/media space. Are you passionate about the biz side that shapes what we consume on our screens? Know your way around a balance sheet and company earnings report as well as the trends that are transforming the media industry? Are you dying to know who will replace Dean Baquet – or why Clubhouse may not be around in 12 months? Then this is the job for you.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, energetic and capable of multitasking in a high-pressure breaking news environment.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a digital-first newsroom covering business news
- Superior news judgment and writing skills
- Passion for media/tech news and the players involved
- Love for deep storytelling and the reporting skills that go with it
- Proficiency on a CMS such as WordPress
- Social media savvy
Please send a résumé and cover letter, along with a handful of your best clips, to email@example.com