Do you have a passion for writing about topics related to lifestyle, family, parenting and culture? The Washington Times is seeking an enthusiastic and resourceful individual to join our news team as a General Assignment Faith and Family Reporter.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- The Reporter will cover a broad range of topics from local news to national political events, trends, features and personalities.
- This position also focuses on faith and social issues including demographic trends and political and regulatory developments related to family structure, demographic shifts and “value issues.”
- The successful candidate will participate in both daily and enterprise coverage of religious, cultural and social issues and trends, their effect on religious communities, the family and the nation.
- Must have the flexibility to contribute stories outside the regular beat.
- The ideal candidate should have 2 to 4 years’ news reporting experience.
- Experience covering cultural and social issues is a plus.
- The ability to write clean and concise copy and to meet daily digital and print deadlines is a must.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field preferred.
The Washington Times offers a competitive base salary, as well as, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, a generous paid time off program, matching 401(k) plan, flexible work schedule and free on-site parking. If you have a huge drive to succeed, an outstanding work ethic, integrity, and a proven professional with excellent communication skills who is ready to take the lead, apply TODAY!
For further details click here.